Monday, January 25, 2016

Historical Projects and a Review for a Film I'm In...

Hi everyone,

No this isn't my blogpost for the week. I just wanted to share with you a couple projects I worked on (or am working on) at the museum.

The first project was a teacup pin cushion (for those of us who like to sew), which is more Victorian (19th century) than Colonial (18th century). And as I mentioned at the end of episode three of The Parting of Veils, these will be in my new store this spring. :)





The second is a leather canteen. This passed Sunday, a group of us from the Depreciation Lands Museum and the Oliver Miller Homestead started this two day project/class. I will say that it was very tedious at times but worth it once we saw them coming together. The technique used was one called 'jacked leather'. This technique dates back to ancient Rome.
This is what we have done so far:
1. Sewing the leather
2. soaking the sewn together leather
3. stuffing it with sand and keeping a pole inside of it for a couple days in order to maintain its shape (since we made these on Sunday, we will be removing the sticks and sand on Wednesday or Thursday).
4. 'Jacking' the leather by sticking the canteen-in-progress inside boiling water for about 45 seconds.

Here is what we have so far:






I will be posting the results when we finish this projects this coming Sunday!


And last but not least, here is a like to a great review of a film I act in called "The Downfall of Mr. Difford." If you enjoy disturbing psychological thrillers with some underground film goodness, this might be work checking out. ;)

The Downfall of Mr. Difford Review:
http://xviews.extremehorrorcinema.com/the-downfall-of-mr-difford/





*****

For first access to giveaways and other content not seen by the rest of the world, sign up for the free Messages from the Labyrinth Newsletter!

Paperback copies of Descent (The Birthrite Series, #1) and Sacred Atonement:Novelette (The Birthrite Series, # 1.5) available together for the low price of $21.00 at my Official Website


My music projects are available at CDBaby
My filmwork is on IMDb

"The Birthrite Series" and other books at Smashwords and Barnes & Noble NOOK
 My books and music are also on Amazon and iTunes
Tiffany on Goodreads
Support great authors and independent bookstores at Smashwords and Indiebound



No comments:

Post a Comment