Monday, November 9, 2015

Coming Up In November

Hi everyone,

After a busy October I am ready for things to calm down a bit, though I will hardly be sitting idle.

First, I recently performed musically at the Depreciation Lands Museum for their event, A Winter's Tavern Night, this passed weekend. Here is a quick video of the preparations for the event:




I am also happy to announce the winner of my Halloween Blog Hop giveaway where I gave away a signed copy of Descent (The Birthrite Series, #1). The winner is Paul Worley of Sharon, PA. So congrats and I will be sending the book tomorrow. :)

And speaking of my book series, I will be releasing the ebook version of Kindred (The Birthrite Series, #2) on January 1, 2016 (with the paperback to follow shortly after). And as I said a couple times, January 1 is a significant date within the series. It becomes more obvious in book 2, but it even shows up in Descent if you are paying attention. :)
December 1 will bring the cover reveal for Saturn Sun: A Novella (The Birthrite Series, #2.5) along with a release date, so stay tuned for that as well.

In blogging news, I will be continuing with my Human Behavior Essays. I covered Lie Spotting and Generalizations in the following essays:

The Art of Lie Spotting or "Yes, you've been lied to...and you probably liked it"

 Generalizations: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly, and the 1950s

An essay studying Morality (and how I feel we are living in the most "moral" time in at least recent history) will follow shortly, and then essays on Victimhood and Leadership vs. Followership.
In these essays, I have been using the 1950s and our society's love/hate relationship with the era. I will still continue using the 50s, but I am also going to be integrating Colonial America's 17th century witch trials, along with giving those witch trials their own blogposts.
As I stated in my post on the Salem Witch Trials in the Halloween Blog Hop, I recently started reading Chadwick Hansen's Witchcraft at Salem.


 Reading Hansen's work also prompted me to purchase two other books:


Witches of Pennsylvania: Occult History & Lore by Thomas White and The First American Evangelical: A Short Life of Cotton Mather by Rick Kennedy

I will get more into these in future postings. Like many events in history, the witch trials may not be completely what they are made out to be. Was Cotton Mather really the 'Puritan killjoy' and monster that he has been made out to be for so many years? And how did William Penn handle Pennsylvania's first and only official witch trial? These questions and many others will be discussed.

This week will also bring the resuming of the Vixen (The Flappers, #1) chapter recaps. If you wish to refresh your memories, here are the recaps currently available:






Well that is all for now. :)






*****

For first access to giveaways and other content not seen by the rest of the world, sign up for the free Messages from the Labyrinth Newsletter!

Paperback copies of Descent (The Birthrite Series, #1) and Sacred Atonement:Novelette (The Birthrite Series, # 1.5) available together for the low price of $21.00 at my Official Website


My music projects are available at CDBaby
My filmwork is on IMDb

"The Birthrite Series" and other books at Smashwords and Barnes & Noble NOOK
 My books and music are also on Amazon and iTunes
Tiffany on Goodreads
Support great authors and independent bookstores at Smashwords and Indiebound

No comments:

Post a Comment