Friday, October 2, 2015

Tiffany's 31 Days of Halloween, Day 3

Greetings and more music for your scary Halloween needs. :)


Appropriately enough, I was watching The Wolfman starring Lon Chaney Jr. (with a small cameo by Bela Lugosi) last night when I sat down to begin this review.  The first public review I wrote on a Midnight Syndicate work was for their album "Carnival Arcane" which I really enjoyed.  Well since then, the team that is Edward Douglas and Gavin Goszka have churned out yet another effort, this one being a homage to the classic horror films of old titled "Monsters of Legend."  According to their website, the "Monsters of Legend" effort is meant to make the listener feel as though they have stepped into the world of the iconic monster that were so brilliantly portrayed by the likes of Lon Chaney, Bela Lugosi, and Boris Karloff.  It is a tribute to what many view as being the golden age of cinema dating from the silent era up until the Hammer films and European horror films of the 60s and 70s.
I will say that I was very much looking forward to this one as you can definitely say I'm a fan of those older films.  While I do enjoy the more modern films, the old films, to me, possess a charm that isn't present in the more recently made movies.  Douglas and Goszka do not disappoint when it comes to capturing the essence of these old classic films.  Their scoring, use of instruments, sound effects, and even bringing on the "Voice from Hell", Dick Terhune, come together beautifully to offer the listener an atmosphere that is faithful to movies like Dracula, Frankenstein, and London After Midnight.  I have to say that for me, the standout track was "Witching Hour" but as a whole, the album really brings to the table what it promises:  an atmospheric journey back in time where Lugosi's Count Dracula or Karloff's Frankenstein's monster could be lurking just around the corner...

Check out Midnight Syndicate and their work at the Official Midnight Syndicate Website.  Also check out their merchandise in their webstore.





*****

For first access to giveaways and other content not seen by the rest of the world, sign up for the free Messages from the Labyrinth Newsletter!

Paperback copies of Descent (The Birthrite Series, #1) and Sacred Atonement:Novelette (The Birthrite Series, # 1.5) available together for the low price of $21.00 at my Official Website


My music projects are available at CDBaby
My filmwork is on IMDb

"The Birthrite Series" and other books at Smashwords and Barnes & Noble NOOK
 My books and music are also on Amazon and iTunes
Tiffany on Goodreads
Support great authors and independent bookstores at Smashwords and Indiebound

No comments:

Post a Comment