Friday, April 24, 2015

Restoring the Art of Education

Hey all!

Just a quick note that I will go into more detail on later (on my way out to "Coffee Club" or a group of us who get together every Friday night over our love of coffee).

One thing I love to do is give back to those who either helped me or had a positive impact on me somehow. In my high school years, Gregory the Great Academy came at about the right time in my life. No, I was not a student here (as one click on the link will tell you that it is an all male Catholic boarding school) but I did take part in a production they needed a female actress for (a connection I acquired through my voice teacher at the time).
As I said, I will go into more detail at a later time, but my experience with these guys was extremely positive at a time when I really needed it.

For now, please check out their crowd-sourcing campaign and website and see what they are about. :)

Gregory the Great School: Restoring the Art of Education Indiegogo Page

Gregory the Great Academy Website

SIDE NOTE: In my novel series, The Birthrite Series, the church that the Blakes attend in the story was named after this school. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment