Thursday, March 19, 2015

This Blog Undergoing An Overhaul and New Webzine

Hey all,

With some recent changes (and additions) taking place, this blog will be undergoing a bit of an overhaul, though I will try to get back to blogging regularly asap.

Among my other projects, I am relaunching my old webzine, though taking it in a different direction in April.

With spring just around the corner, the weather has been quite lovely. So much, that I've been inspired to start taking photos of some old architecture around the area I live in. While doing this, I started getting more ideas churning inside my brain.
See, anytime I explore an old building or anything that has existed long before my time, I often find myself wondering about the history and many stories and events it had probably endure during its lifespan. Not only is this observation relevant to a book anthology I'm a part of (I'll get more into that in a future message), but also the new journey I'm embarking on with my webzine.
When I started my webzine, Music's Underworld, I wanted to of course promote underground musicians. That soon expanded to filmmakers, authors, etc. But then I revamped my official blog, which was getting lots of readership. Therefore, I started promoting these artists more on this blog and I became a little uninspired with the webzine. I didn't want to completely abandon ship, but I was a little lost on a direction to take the 'zine in. Then, it hit me. I have been reading a lot of nonfiction books covering old buildings, parks, cemeteries, etc and I was reminded of how one of the things I've always wanted to do was own a magazine of sorts that covered such content.
Is it a completely new and never done before idea? Obviously not. But is it one that I will have a lot of fun doing? A definite yes. And I will still feature filmmakers, authors and such, just in a SLIGHTLY different way than on my official blog. I plan to launch this in April and will bring more info then, along with doing a little reforming on this blog. :)

More to come and check out the $12.00 sale of the first two books in The Birthrite Series at my website:
http://tiffanyapan.com

Thanks all,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment