Saturday, September 20, 2014

For Shits and Giggles...

...here are three words I absolutely cannot stand and will never use in my writing so long as I can help it (except for this blog post).

No, I do not promote censorship. These are simply stupid little pet peeves of mine. :D

1.) Pamper

It actually bothers me when someone out of diapers says they are going to "pamper themselves" or "I'm being pampered" as a way of saying "I'm taking 'me' time" or "I'm treating myself." Anytime someone says this, I simply assume that they're somehow being diapered. End of story.

2.) Moist

It's just not a nice word. It just isn't.


3.) Bash

This word actually didn't always make me cringe the way the other two had. It just became horribly overused and misused, whether it was being used to mean having a party or belittling someone. Now, I MAY use this word in writing to mean a violent strike (which is the proper definition), but it will never be used to mean the other two aforementioned meanings.

This was my almost 3:00AM rant. Serious blog posts will go up this week.


If you would like to join our community and receive content exclusive to email, join our little tribe and Subscribe to my Messages from the Labyrinth Mailing List.. We promise to never share your info or spam you. Ever.

You can also subscribe to my YouTube Channel for new vlogging updates.


******

My stories, "The Cemetery by the Lake" and "Dusk to Dawn" are available at Smashwords and Barnes & Noble NOOK. More retailers will follow, but Smashwords is pretty compatible with most e-reader and PC formats.
and Amazon
"The Cemetery by the Lake" at Smashwords and Barnes & Noble NOOK
"Dusk to Dawn" at Smashwords
Tiffany on Goodreads
My music is also available at CDBaby
Support great authors and independent bookstores at Smashwords and Indiebound







No comments:

Post a Comment