Monday, July 15, 2013

New Chapter Soon and Why I'm Writing This

My laptop issue should be taken care of by Wednesday or hopefully tonight.  I'll post a new chapter then soon :)

Also in light of everything that's going on, I wasn't going to say this because I like for people to form their own interpretations of works, but a huge concept of Bloodlines is people of different backgrounds unifying.  People who have pride in their heritage and also at the same time, come to have respect for others while maintaining that pride.  It also addresses issues and things that people don't want to talk about or are afraid to. 
I'm writing this because I do feel this needs to be told and sometimes I'm not writing it necessarily because I want to but because I have to.  There are times when I feel like I have to type faster just to keep up with the characters. The reason that I admire many horror, sci-fi, and fantasy writers because while their works are entertaining, they also go where others are afraid to out of fear of offending or making others uncomfortable.  There are times when I am hesitant to share the newest installment of Bloodlines, but you know what?  If something I say makes someone uncomfortable, perhaps it is because I've struck a nerve.  Perhaps it is because I've made a lightbulb go off in someone's head because they are now thinking of something they otherwise wouldn't have.  So far, people have received this well (even if it is the very rough first draft) and that makes me happy.
Thanks everyone and as soon a I get my computer issue resolved (I'm at the library now), there will be many more to come :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment